Adult education (Praudh Shiksha) प्रौढ़ शिक्षा – Creating social awareness by educating people
Your country is United States so currency auto changed to US Dollars
- India is a democratic country and the success of democracy depends on the literacy of its citizens. Today, literacy has become an important need of the society because until the people are educated, the proper benefits of the schemes and programs will not reach them.
- Adult education means education for such people whose age has gone out of education and they have not been educated.
- He could not get a chance to study in life or for some other reason he could not get education and got busy in his life.
- But now they want to get education and want to illuminate their life again with the light of education which is not in their life.
- To develop social unity among adults.
- To make adults aware of the security and progress of national resources.
- To incorporate social ideals in adults and to build cooperative communities and institutions.
- As a result of this, where the total literacy rate in India was 16.7 immediately after independence, in 1981, due to various schemes, with the help of adult education programs increased to 36.2 and exactly 10 years later the literacy rate according to the 1991 census 52.1 and according to 2001 census it was 65.38. From which it appears that literacy rate in the country is increasing steadily due to adult education. The literacy rate of women also increased compared to men. Just like the female literacy rate in 1951 was only 07.9, today the female literacy rate is 46.0.
Achieving Business Efficiency
- Adult education is not only limited to literacy but it provides such education that one can succeed in practical life and for this knowledge of professional skills is necessary. Knowledge of business and industrial education in cities and skill training in agriculture, small scale industries and domestic work in villages is necessary. Especially in the work in which adults are engaged, it is necessary to teach skills, scientific, technical knowledge and skills and that work is done by adult education.
Development of citizenship qualities
- To inculcate such a consciousness among the illiterate citizens through adult education, which enables them to spend their lives in society like an ideal citizen. Only in developing the best qualities of citizenship, people can participate in social and community work together and bring in themselves a sense of social service, which leads to the welfare of both the individual and society.
Developing social consciousness
- Through adult education, such a spirit is developed in adults, so that they can become aware of their responsibilities towards the whole society. Its goal is to help each other, especially the weaker, helpless and backward classes in the society.
To uplift women and weaker sections
- There is a feeling of gross neglect towards women in the society, as well as lack of proper development of the weak and disadvantaged people blocks the progress of the nation. Therefore, the main goal of adult education is to make women literate and give them a proper place in society, to provide them with professional education, as well as to make them aware to become aware citizens so that injustice and exploitation can not be done to the weaker sections. Education is imparted.
Promote scientific approach
Today the importance of scientific approach is increasing in society. Due to this, traditional customs, blind faith and old ways etc. have been greatly affected. Scientific approach is promoted through adult education